Re: Centos no ARM

From: Darren Dupre
Subject: Re: Centos no ARM
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 17:35:25 -0600

On Nov 14, 2023, at 15:13, lejeczek <peljasz@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

 Hi guys.

If by any chance Centos users, even better if devel/packagers, traverse here - would you know why there is no arm/64 emulation with default packages/repo?
I wonder if this something only Centos do/did - if indeed that part is missing - or perhaps Qemu alone drifted / floated that way?

many thanks, L.

Note that CentOS is a 1:1 clone of RHEL.

I have noticed that RHEL’s qemu packages are somewhat bare in terms of features when compared with the qemu you can download or the qemu in Ubuntu.

I can’t answer for Red Hat but presumably since RHEL comes with support they’re trying to limit the scope of features they have to answer support tickets on.

You didn’t state what version (EL 6,7, 8, or Stream) but this page for RHEL 8 kinda spells it out: https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/8/html/configuring_and_managing_virtualization/feature-support-and-limitations-in-rhel-8-virtualization_configuring-and-managing-virtualization#unsupported-features-in-rhel-8-virtualization_feature-support-and-limitations-in-rhel-8-virtualization

-D