Re: ARM system emulator

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: ARM system emulator
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 10:30:12 +0100

On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 at 09:05, Swedha R <swedhar10@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> In the qemu website , under the section ARM system emulator, they mentioned
> like,
>
> Secure-World-only devices if the CPU has TrustZone:
>
> A second PL011 UART
> A second PL061 GPIO controller, with GPIO lines for triggering a system reset
> or system poweroff
> A secure flash memory
> 16MB of secure RAM
>
> I need to know how to work with the PL061 GPIO controller.

You seem to keep asking variants of this question, but
the answer remains the same. That GPIO controller is there
only to handle specific requirements of the virt board
(triggering a power-off or reset). It is not usable for
general purposes, so you don't need to work with it at all.
The EL3 firmware will use it as it needs to (eg when you
make an ACPI request for a power down).

thanks