QEMU linux host windows 10 guest: how to pass through cp210x or C-Media

From: wf5w
Subject: QEMU linux host windows 10 guest: how to pass through cp210x or C-Media type chipsets
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2023 14:57:01 +0200

I have a specific question here:

I am a amateur radio user, and in the radios I have are a combination chipset that when plugged in produce a serial device AND an audio IN/OUT device.

So when plugged in, I get a dmesg such as this:

ttyACM0 and ttyACM1 from C-Media (or cp210x) ...
and also arecord -l gives a card/device# as well.

using this in the linux host is straightforward with the applications that use it, but to use it in a windows 10 guest is another matter. I am not much of a windows user, but I would expect an audio device and something in the COM ports section of the device manager.

I am using Virtual Manager, and would like to know how to proceed with passing through a cp210x or C-Media device (both audio and serial ports)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Jerry

----
Extra Ham Operator: WF5W
Registered Linux User: 275424
3D designer

The most exciting phrase to hear in science - the one that heralds new discoveries - is not "Eureka!" but "That's funny...". - Isaac. Asimov