does windows 2012 supports memory hot plugging on qemu 6.2

From: Jiatong Shen
Subject: does windows 2012 supports memory hot plugging on qemu 6.2
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 22:16:53 +0800

Hello community experts,

  We are using qemu version 6.2 and are trying to do memory hotplugging for windows 2012 std edition. The libvirt dimm configuration is appended below. The problem I am facing is after dimm is attached, in guest the device is shown as an unknown device and driver pnpmem.sys cannot properly handle the device. I also tried qemu 4.2 and it seems to be working fine.

  So my question is is windows 2012 supports memory hot plugging on qemu 6.2? And where can I find some logs to identify the issue? Thank you.

--

Best Regards,

Jiatong Shen

the dimm device xml looks like,
    <memory model='dimm'>
      <target>
        <size unit='KiB'>4194304</size>
        <node>0</node>
      </target>
      <alias name='dimm0'/>
      <address type='dimm' slot='0' base='0x140000000'/>
    </memory>