Re: How can I use different tcp port other than 1234 to use gdb for appl

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: How can I use different tcp port other than 1234 to use gdb for application debug on qemu?
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 11:51:59 +0000

On Sat, 29 Jan 2022 at 02:44, Chan Kim <ckim@etri.re.kr> wrote:

> Oh, I found it was -gdb tcp::1235.  (I had tried only -gdb tcp:1235)
>
> I think the manual should better have this information there.

The syntax for that is given as one of the examples in the
-gdb option description in the "Invocation" section at
https://qemu.readthedocs.io/en/latest/system/invocation.html --
but you're right that it would be helpful for the "GDB usage"
page to link back to that. I think there is an awkward technical
hitch that makes linking into the options-descriptions tricky,
(the options page is auto-generated) but it would be worth
trying to get this working. (Better cross-references inside
the docs are something we postponed when we were doing the
conversion of our documentation system from the old texinfo
docs to Sphinx; we should find the time to go back and fix
up the rough edges we left behind...)