Trying to run raspberrypi with qemu under win7 64-bit

From: The Tick
Subject: Trying to run raspberrypi with qemu under win7 64-bit
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 19:35:51 -0600

Don't know if anyone will have the time to answer this but I'll try.

I've spent the day attempting to get the latest raspberrypi image
running (with qemu of course) on windows 7. Googling, I find sites for
linux and not windows. The couple of sites that show how to run on
windows refer to a site whose files are dated 2012 or the files no
longer exist on the supplied links.

I installed qemu-w64-setup-20211215.exe

I downloaded/unzipped/resized the img file from
2021-01-11-raspios-buster-armhf-full.zip

What I've gathered is that I now need a kernel file specifically for the
arm cpu used by a raspberrypi. As I want to run openjdk (for minecraft)
I strongly suspect I need more memory than 256M which seems to be the
maximum for -M versatilepb.

So, can anyone point me to the instructions and/or tutorial on how to
accomplish this? Maybe it's not possible... I don't know. Thank you.