Re: Problems Encountered with virtio-serial device, communication breaks

From: Wenqing Xu
Subject: Re: Problems Encountered with virtio-serial device, communication breaks after connection is closed unexpectedly
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 12:13:36 +0800

Hi Peter,

Thanks for ur reply, since we are running qemu & libvirt on Ubuntu16.04, we couldn't upgrade to 6.2 version of qemu yet. However, I just tested with Ubuntu20.04 with 4+ version of QEMU, this bug is not present in that version anymore.

We'll see whether we could upgrade our OS to adapt to new version of QEMU thereafter, thanks for your prompt reply!

Regards,

Chris Xu

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 11:06 PM Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
On Thu, 13 Jan 2022 at 15:03, Wenqing Xu <xuwq@sea.com> wrote:
> I have met a problem with QEMU’s virtio-serial device while using it to invoke bash process inside VM from host. But we’ve met a problem that if the host process is closed unexpectedly, following calls then will fail and stuck.
>
> Some detail:
>
> Qemu Version:  2.5.0 (Debian 1:2.5+dfsg-5ubuntu10.42)
> Host Platform: Ubuntu 16.04

This is a very old version of QEMU. Can you still reproduce it
with the most recent one, which is 6.2 ?

thanks