Re: [Qemu-discuss] Very poor compilation performance in armhf chroot vs

From: Aboul Fad
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Very poor compilation performance in armhf chroot vs native
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 05:01:09 -0400

Thank you for your reply. I am though stumped by that large of degradation
using that simple test and when I attempted to compile my actual project
(chromium) in the chroot, it was insanely slow.

Maybe this is off topic or meant for another mailing list: It seems my
approach for cross compiling using qemu-arm/chroot is wrong. I know I can
install a cross compile toolchain for arm target on the native OS and cross
compile there. Sadly, I have a chromium packaging code that checks the host
arch and based on that will or not cross-compile.

Is there a way to take advantage of a hybrid approach:  compile on the
native hardware/OS using cross compile toolchain and link in chroot using
qemu-arm-static?

Best regards!