Re: QNX in qemu

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: QNX in qemu
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2024 16:26:22 +0100

On Mon, 29 Apr 2024 at 13:26, Krishna Gururaj <krishna125g@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to run the gles2-gears binary in qnx with the following
> configuration :
>
> qemu-system-aarch64.exe -machine vexpress-a15 -cpu cortex-a57 -smp 4 -m 30G
> -kernel ifs.bin -drive file=disk-qemu.vmdk,if=none,id=drv0 -device
> virtio-blk-device,drive=drv0 -netdev
> tap,id=mynet0,ifname=TAP_Ethernet,script=no,downscript=no -device
> virtio-net-device,netdev=mynet0,mac=52:55:00:d1:55:01 -device
> virtio-rng-device -nographic

This command line is not correct, because it takes a machine
that is only supposed to work with a Cortex-A15 ("vexpress-a15")
and tries to create a Cortex-A57 CPU with it. This will either
ignore the -cpu option or create something weird and unsupported,
I forget which. You should either fix the machine type or the
CPU type.

That's unrelated to your graphics question -- the answer there
is that you say "-nographic" which means "I don't want to see
a GUI window". If you do that then you obviously won't see any
graphics. (Beyond that, the guest OS will need to have support
for whatever graphics device/framebuffer the machine provides.)

thanks
-- PMM