Re: CXL Namespaces of ACPI disappearing in Qemu demo

From: Yuquan Wang
Subject: Re: CXL Namespaces of ACPI disappearing in Qemu demo
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 15:22:02 +0800

Hi, Gregory
I am sorry to disturb you, but there was still an ignored problem about CXL,
Although I had sent an email to jonathan (maybe he is busy recently so he forgot to reply),
the Link is : https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-arm/2023-08/msg00278.html

Maybe the core question is that how should we use CXL components with a standard PCIe system:
1) In Qemu, since the boards or machines in qemu can only use pxb-cxl (attached on pcie.0) to add
cxl host bridge, therefore, users should avoid to assign an occupied bus number by other devices
to pxb-cxl.

2) In real hardware, CXL components should use independent CXL root/tree (ACPI0017&ACPI0016)
to separate from the namespace of default pcie root/domain.

I would be grateful if you have some free time to help check this issue : )