Rust Compilation on M1 Mac emulating x86

From: Colton Weaver
Subject: Rust Compilation on M1 Mac emulating x86
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 09:00:47 -0700

Hi all,

Apologies if this is a well-known issue in the community, I just
couldn't find much more than this github issue to docker:
https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/80346

Of course, this is no longer using the Docker preview and they've
since claimed this to be a bug in QEMU. Does anyone know of any
workarounds to such an issue? For those that didn't open the link,
when compiling rust for x86 on x86 images in Docker (emulated on
QEMU), I get: "thread 'rustc' panicked at 'invalid terminator state'"
after a segfault.

-Colt