protux-support

Re: [Protux-support] Problems playing audio with RH8

From: Reinhard Amersberger
Subject: Re: [Protux-support] Problems playing audio with RH8
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:08:58 +0200

Ooops ... it seems this mail was left unanswered?!?

The place support protux users <address@hidden> schrieb am 31.08.03 16:35:06:

> Hi!  I just installed Protux and everything seems to be working fine.  I can
> import audio, mute/unmute/pan/gain adjust but when I press play nothing
> happens.  Also the <<p>> command is not functional.  Also I get the "Cannot
> open /proc/asound/cards for reading ( may be busy or no read permissions? )
> error when launching Protux and I am unable assign busses.

You mean there is no bus available to be selected when doing ^TA[BN]+UD ?

> I know for sure
> that I have ALSA installed and working as I can run alsaplayer with no
> problems.  Also I have OSS working fine.

I'M not sure here, because Isn't alsaplayer able to use something like an
oss-emulation-mode?
But, as I said ... this could be a totally wrong  assumption! ;-))

greetings
Reinhard