phptest-devel

Re: [Phptest-devel]

From: Brandon Tallent
Subject: Re: [Phptest-devel]
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:23:02 -0800 (PST)

Hi Sergio,

This is a known issue that will be fixed in the next
version.  Here's an email I got from another user that
explains what the problem is:

----------------
Thanks for a useful and neat application, phpTest. I
have used it to
amuse my collegues with wierd tests during the week.

There are however some problems with regard to
charset:
If i create an answer that contains swedish national
characters from
iso-8859-1, the grading procedure fails to give points
for the correct
answer with some browsers (IE and Safari) since
'answer' is stored like
'Föö bär' while 'users_answer' is stored like
'Föö bär'
An extra comparison:

             // find out if the answer was correct or
not
             if (stripslashes($answer) == $row->answer
                 stripslashes($answer) ==
htmlentities($row->answer)) {

Fixed the point grading, but the coloration of answers
is still bad.

I also noticed some problems with answers containing
newlines, i fixed
it by removing newlines from the answers ;)

Thanks again,
//Tor-Åke Fransson

Brandon

--- Sergio Izquierdo <address@hidden>