phptest-devel

[Phptest-devel] Re:

From: dj resonance
Subject: [Phptest-devel] Re:
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 08:00:38 -0700 (PDT)

FYI, I've fixed the problems with cdatabase.inc.php.
I'm going to start on the question matrix today.

Brandon

--- John Lacey <address@hidden> wrote:

<HR>
Thanks for the feedback, and as I've indicated, when I
get Eudora
figured<br>
out, I'll post to Phptest-devel.&nbsp; I have a
downlevel version of
Eudora, so<br>
I'm not optimistic -- I may have to upgrade, and I
don't care for MS
Outlook.<br>
If you want to give me cvs write access, go ahead.
I've downloaded
WinCVS<br>
and putty.exe, and I need to psyche WinCVS out some to
figure out how
to<br>
put stuff up correctly.<br>
I quickly scanned the doc page since you said you were
working on it and
found a few odds and ends -- not all are errors, e.g
the &quot;define
variables&quot;<br>
example being broken up into two lines and not
matching config.inc.php
exactly.<br>
Also, in your Jane scenario the word
&quot;between&quot; is misspelled
(betweeb), and<br>
I'd probably change the &quot;teachers are lazy&quot;
to &quot;teachers
are busy&quot; :)<br>
There might be a couple of other things that I missed
in my scan, since I
didn't<br>
proofread it.&nbsp;&nbsp; You know what you should do
-- find someone
(perhaps yourself)<br>
that has graphic talents and design a little phpTest
logo with Photoshop
or whatever<br>
so that people (like me) could put them on their
phpTest engine
&quot;powered by&quot;... etc<br>
ala&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
eudora="autourl">http://www.php.net/download-logos.php</a><br>
I noticed you've already fixed the email problem in
sql_error(). in
cdatabase.inc.php<br>
I just got a call from nacse (the non-profit) and they
said their Dell
server (1400SC) <br>
got delivered, so after 7/11 I'm on it.&nbsp; It's a
1.26GHz PIII, 1GB
RAM and 73GB SCSI<br>
with plenty of room to grow -- I'll have my work cut
out for me with all
the stuff<br>
I want to do for them.&nbsp; It'll be running redhat
7.2<br>
have a good 4th,<br>
John<br>
At 12:49 PM 7/3/2002 -0700, you wrote:<br>
&gt;Hi John, <br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;All the things you mentioned in cdatabase.inc.php
are<br>
&gt;correct observations.  I actually coded that
database<br>
&gt;class when I first started learning php, and
have<br>
&gt;gradually updated it as neccessary.  But
obviously<br>
&gt;I've missed a few things here and there.  In this
case<br>
&gt;I can just go and fix those problems myself, but
in<br>
&gt;the future feel free to edit the code and resubmit
it<br>
&gt;to me.  This is where cvs can come in handy.<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Talk to ya later,<br>
&gt;Brandon<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;--- John Lacey &lt;address@hidden&gt;
wrote:<br>
&gt;&gt; Hi Brandon,<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; I mentioned the other day that I had
recently<br>
&gt;&gt; started an informal log of<br>
&gt;&gt; notes I am making<br>
&gt;&gt; whenever I run across things that catch my
eye as<br>
&gt;&gt; I'm studying the code to<br>
&gt;&gt; 1.) learn how phpTest<br>
&gt;&gt; works, and 2.) implement a feature.  I don't
now if<br>
&gt;&gt; you're interested in<br>
&gt;&gt; seeing the entries, so I <br>
&gt;&gt; pasted the few entries I've made so far
between the<br>
&gt;&gt; ****:<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; *********************<br>
&gt;&gt; This is a log of &quot;possible&quot;
issues/problems/concerns<br>
&gt;&gt; encountered while<br>
&gt;&gt; studying phpTest -- started 6/30/02<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; 6/30/02<br>
&gt;&gt; ***cdatabase.inc.php<br>
&gt;&gt; - from [p]connect() on an error, the link_id
is<br>
&gt;&gt; checked in sql_error() and<br>
&gt;&gt; to get to sql_error() link_id was null/0<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; - connect() and pconnect() are coded
differently<br>
&gt;&gt; (error handling coding,<br>
&gt;&gt; etc) though they perform essentially the
same<br>
&gt;&gt; function<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; - in sql_error() there's no check to see
if<br>
&gt;&gt; $admin_email contains an email<br>
&gt;&gt; address before displaying the msg to user and
it<br>
&gt;&gt; looks like <br>
&gt;&gt; $admin_email is not being set with the
ADMIN_EMAIL<br>
&gt;&gt; constant<br>
&gt;&gt; **********************<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; Let me know if this would be of any use to
you, or<br>
&gt;&gt; how you'd like me to<br>
&gt;&gt; address things I<br>
&gt;&gt; come across down the road.<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;&gt; thanks,<br>
&gt;&gt; John<br>
&gt;&gt; <br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;Do You Yahoo!?<br>
&gt;Sign up for SBC Yahoo! Dial - First Month Free<br>
&gt;<a href="http://sbc.yahoo.com/";
eudora="autourl">http://sbc.yahoo.com</a><br>
&gt; </font>
<BR>