osip-dev

Re: osip2 version check

From: Gavin Henry
Subject: Re: osip2 version check
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 17:21:56 +0000

> Entering 22 years... 🕰️

Wow!!! Where has that time gone!

> In fact, in those early days, I was convinced it was the third internet
> "visible" revolution:
> 1/ mail for free
> 2/ web page for free
> 3/ VoIP to VoIP for free
>
> The fact that sip was designed with the same ASCII format than mail and http
> was convincing for me.
>
> I'm not very happy to see that user-agent are still missing the required ICE
> feature, and pre-configured with stun, that would have made a 100% working
> sip international network.

I know. It's very weird that the same old NAT things are still there.

> Beyond that fact, sip is still a pretty good success! 👌

Agreed!!!

I'm actually getting Daniel on a show about running cURL for 25+ years
(https://daniel.haxx.se/). Will be interesting to hear similar things:

https://www.se-radio.net/team/gavin-henry/

and this is just out that I did:

https://www.se-radio.net/2022/01/episode-494-robert-seacord-on-avoiding-defects-in-c-programming/
and this is a good one too if you have time:

https://www.se-radio.net/2020/06/episode-414-jens-gustedt-on-modern-c/

> Thanks for your project: looks interesting!!! I will check it as soon as I
> have free time! There is so much unwanted traffic on my antisip.com service...

I have 60k rows of numbers already! Just plumbing in the numbers
RESTful API resource, then doing a SIP proxy in another thread so you
can dip to check your own INVITEs.

Then on to the fun peer to peer replication bit. Scared and excited for that.

--
Kind Regards,

Gavin Henry.
https://sentrypeer.org