monotone-announce

Re: [Monotone-announce] [Monotone-devel] monotone 1.1 released

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-announce] [Monotone-devel] monotone 1.1 released
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 12:04:38 +0200

Markus Wanner schrieb:
> Great!
>
> Shall we remove the Mac OS X Installer and Binary options from the
> website's downloads site and recommend MacPorts? Or how do I build these
> universal binaries?

Building these universal binaries is a PITA (I think its still described
in mac/readme-mac.txt, but horrible outdated), since we depend on many
external libraries that need to be build and statically linked to us
beforehand. Its better to point users at MacPorts and later also to
Homebrew, once the latter has picked up 1.1 as well [0].

Thomas.

[0]
https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/blob/master/Library/Formula/monotone.rb