lyxblogger-users

Re: [Lyxblogger-users] Problem Regarding Lyxblogger

From: Jack Desert
Subject: Re: [Lyxblogger-users] Problem Regarding Lyxblogger
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 13:43:20 -0400

Hello! (See answers below)

On Sun, 5 Jun 2011 16:18:31 +0900
Indra Yudhistira <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Jack Desert,
>
> After installing lyxblogger in Windows (by running python setup.py
> install) and run it on the example file (after producing xhtml) in
> command prompt, I get the following error:
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\LyX20\Resources\examples>python -m lyxblogger
> splash.xhtml
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\LyX20\Python\lib\runpy.py", line 162,
> in _run_mod
> ule_as_main
>     "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
>   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\LyX20\Python\lib\runpy.py", line 72, in
> _run_code
>
>     exec code in run_globals
>   File "C:\Program Files
> (x86)\LyX20\Python\lib\site-packages\lyxblogger.py", li
> ne 46, in <module>
>     import wordpresslib
>   File "C:\Program Files
> (x86)\LyX20\Python\lib\site-packages\wordpresslib.py",
> line 56, in <module>
>     import xmlrpclib
>   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\LyX20\Python\lib\xmlrpclib.py", line
> 142, in <mod
> ule>
>     import socket
>   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\LyX20\Python\lib\socket.py", line 47,
> in <module>
>
>     import _socket
> ImportError: No module named _socket
>
> I wonder what's wrong. Is there a bug, or there's something wrong
> with my usage of the script? Thank you.
>
> Best Regards,
> Indra

Your usage of the script looks fine. I suspect that either you have the wrong
version of python installed, or it is somehow missing the "socket" module.

Try this: open a python shell:
  python
and then see if you can "import socket" and "import xmlrpclib"
>>>import socket
>>>imprt xmlrpclib

If those don't throw any errors, try running lyxblogger on one of the html
files in the LyXBlogger distribution. For example,
   cd LyXBlogger_0.38_BETA_1/docs
   python -m lyxblogger devguide.html

A couple questions:

1. Which version of Python are you running. LyXBlogger runs for sure on 2.4,
2.5, and 2.6. But it will NOT run on Python 2.7.

2. What converter did you use to produce the xhtml?

3. Which version of LyXBlogger are you running?

Let me know. I'd love to fix a bug if there's one out there.

Jack