lwip-users

[lwip-users] TCPIP thread stack size

From: James Aguilar
Subject: [lwip-users] TCPIP thread stack size
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2024 21:55:32 -0400

Friends,

I have been playing with lwip, trying to get some various things working on my Raspberry Pi Pico W. First off, thanks very much for putting this library together.

One of the interesting things I noticed when I was getting my project to announce itself on mdns was that the stack usage of the TCPIP thread seems pretty high! According to FreeRTOS, the stack high water mark of the TCP/IP thread is around 3500 words -- 14kB. I have questions:

- Is this a typical amount of TCP/IP thread stack usage? Do I have to worry about it going much higher? This is in debug compilation mode.
- Are there good defaults for this (and other) settings within the lwipopts.h file?
- Is there a good list anywhere of other "dangerous" (i.e. silently corrupt your memory if set wrong) options?

Any other tips for a newb? One thing I also can't seem to find much good information on is the pros and cons of using the raw APIs, netconn, or socket. I noticed that the apps seem to use netconn so that's what I'm starting with.

-- James