lwip-users

[lwip-users] issues with semaphore release during TLS handshake

From: Sneha Raghunandanan
Subject: [lwip-users] issues with semaphore release during TLS handshake
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 07:08:05 +0100

Dear lwIP members,

I have a semaphore locking issue when establishing a TLS connection using lwIP. I am using the commit from master bramch.

Here is my observation.

1. First the application tries to do start a TCP connect. From lwip_netconn_do_connect(...) a binary semaphore is taken.

2. Once TCP connection is done, from lwip_netconn_do_connected(...), the same semaphore is released.

3. During TLS handshake, from lwip_netconn_do_write(...), the same semaphore wants to be taken, but is blocked forever and does not exit.

Could you please guide me on the points to look at ?

Thank you,
Sneha