lwip-users

[lwip-users] Failing ASSERTs with PCBs in wrong states

From: Scott Miller
Subject: [lwip-users] Failing ASSERTs with PCBs in wrong states
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 18:19:44 -0700

I'm running lwIP on a Cortex-M33 with a Wiznet W5500 in MACRAW mode connected via SPI, with a netif port that's a little suspect - I've fixed a couple of bugs in it so far, but I'm not sure that's where the problem is.

What's happening is that during periods of rapid TCP activity (browser connecting to make HTTP requests mostly) it'll crash with an assert failure - either a PCB on the tw list is not in TIME_WAIT status (SYN_RCVD in the last case I saw) or a PCB on the active list will be in TIME_WAIT state.

How does this happen? I can't find any other instances online of anyone mentioning those errors. I'm using the raw API, no sockets or Netconns.

Thanks,

Scott