lwip-users

[lwip-users] LPC1768 low_level_input dropping packets.

From: Hugh Jeremy
Subject: [lwip-users] LPC1768 low_level_input dropping packets.
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2023 18:13:09 +0000

Hi All,

I saw a previous post about packets being dropped on this chip which attributed it to the descriptors and buffers not being stored in the AHB RAM. I have that setup on my system but am still dropping packets.

I have a system which is running bare metal, I’m currently sending UDP packets at 1ms intervals to be received by the board. Using Wireshark I can see these are being sent at the correct rate. My application code is forwarding the UDP packets to CAN, and I am able to see that it is dropping packets after 250 (i.e. once every 4ms).

I found that increasing my number of Rx descriptors, pbuf_pool_size and memp_num_pbuf all have no affect. My understanding was that as packets come in, they are stored in the buffers, and that the `lpc_enetif_input` (part of the LPCOpen library) processes all of the received packets during its scheduled calls.

Does anyone have advice on where to start looking to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

HJ

This email comprises confidential information of Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Limited ("MGP") unless it contains an explicit statement to the contrary made by an authorised representative of MGP.

Contracts may only be concluded on behalf of MGP by its authorised signatories and not solely by email communication. No employee, agent, contractor, consultant and/or other representative of MGP is authorised to conclude any legally binding agreement on behalf of MGP by email alone without the express prior written confirmation of two authorised signatories of MGP.

Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Limited. Registered in England No. 787446. Registered Office at Mercedes-Benz Grand Prix Limited, Operations Centre, Brackley, Northants NN13 7BD.

Note: The MGP Legal Department also acts on behalf of Mercedes-Benz Motorsport Limited ("MBM") and the above notice applies mutatis mutandis in respect of all email communications of MBM. MBM: Mercedes-Benz Motorsport Limited. Registered in England No. 13057973. Registered office at Mercedes-Benz Motorsport Limited, Lauda Drive, Brackley, Northants NN13 7BD.