lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Bridge Port with DHCP

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Bridge Port with DHCP
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 10:59:55 +0100

Am 13.12.2021 um 09:15 schrieb Shaofeng Cen:
> Thanks for your reply!
>
> I just wonder that how could I use lwip bridge to forward network
frames to different destinations.
That should just work. I'm not sure I understand the question.

> For example, a vm using bridge network running on a host machine.
> In linux, bridge and tap device is needed to create a bridge network
environment, the network frames will be switched to different tap device
by filtering MAC address and notify vm to process these network frames
by virtio-net.

> So with lwip, the bridge can help me judge the MAC address, however
every network frame still goes into bridge’s input func (usually
tcpip_input).
> If I use tapif in lwip-contrib, I should netif_add a netif port and
the port’s state should be the ptr of tapif structure. But after I call
bridgeif_add_port, the input func of netif port will be changed to
bridgeif_input or bridge_tcpip_input.
Please help me to understand why that is a problem.

> If I want to attach a tap device to lwip bridge, what should I do?
I'm not sure, I haven't used that combination.

Regards,
Simon