lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Bridge Port with DHCP

From: Shaofeng Cen
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Bridge Port with DHCP
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2021 17:48:46 +0800

Thanks for your reply!

I just wonder that how could I use lwip bridge to forward network frames to
different destinations.

For example, a vm using bridge network running on a host machine.
In linux, bridge and tap device is needed to create a bridge network
environment, the network frames will be switched to different tap device by
filtering MAC address and notify vm to process these network frames by
virtio-net.

So with lwip, the bridge can help me judge the MAC address, however every
network frame still goes into bridge’s input func (usually tcpip_input).
If I use tapif in lwip-contrib, I should netif_add a netif port and the port’s
state should be the ptr of tapif structure. But after I call bridgeif_add_port,
the input func of netif port will be changed to bridgeif_input or
bridge_tcpip_input.
If I want to attach a lwip tap device to lwip bridge, what should I do?