lwip-users

[lwip-users] Slow/unreliable ping answer at higher bytecounts

From: cbergs
Subject: [lwip-users] Slow/unreliable ping answer at higher bytecounts
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 10:11:54 +0200

Hi,

(Platform: LWIP 2.1.2 Stable on TI TM4C, Port by https://github.com/alairjunior/lwip-tiva)

I’m sending normal PING messages and everything is working fine up to about 700 bytes per ping. When I increase packet size things are getting slow or unresponsive.

For example at 800 bytes(see attached image):

The reply for the first request is sent right after the second request. Some requests are never answered. If I increase the byte count further, the worse it gets.

It seems like the second request pushes the stack to action. During step-by-step debugging everything seems to work fine.

Does anyone have a clue what I should look for?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Attached: wireshark snippet of ping with 800 bytes of data

cid:image001.png@01D7C59A.473F3880