lwip-users

[lwip-users] Always sending back the received msg

From: Joao Nuno Ribeiro
Subject: [lwip-users] Always sending back the received msg
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2021 13:25:12 +0000

Hello,

We have used and changed a bit the exemple lwip_tcpecho_bm in order to used it in NXP K64F microcontroller as a server and also a client at the same time.

The tcpecho example is perfect for what we want and by using the similar functions as used in tcpecho_raw we have managed to have 3 open sockets at the same and send/receive messages.

Nevertheless we wave a small issue that is, every command that is sent to the microcontroller is sent back as an echo. We have a similar issue as described in the thread “ [lwip-users] tcp echo example “.

For instance if we remove the tcpecho_raw_send(tpcb, es) from the tcpecho_raw_recv in the lwip_tcpecho_bm example, it will send what was received anyway. This seems to be our issue. Even if we place our function instead of the tcpecho_raw_send inside the tcpecho_raw_recv it will always send back our new message and the one received.

Could you please help us figuring out this issue? It seems that the old thread “ [lwip-users] tcp echo example “ was not resolved but maybe had the solution for this problem.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Best Regards

João Ribeiro

Joao Nuno Ribeiro