lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Can't build "Working example" from BUILDING

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Can't build "Working example" from BUILDING
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 07:37:23 +0200

Am 30.09.2021 um 22:13 schrieb Grant Edwards:

>>> Ah, I see.
>>>
>>> And there is no equivalent document for 2.1.3?
>>
>> Apparently not. The documentation and most of the cmake build system has
>> been added for the master branch only. We're currently not porting it
>> back to the 2.1.x tree.
>
> I see.

>> I'm not really using the linux/cmake things myself very often: instead,
>> I'm mostly developing/debugging things in an old (community) version of
>> MS Visual Studio. But in the end, that's not really relevant: our
>> repository provides portable code as source, not as an end product
>> that's meant to be compilable into a binary out of the box with no
>> additional work.
>
> I was under the impression that the win32 and Linux example
> applications were meant to be exactly that.

OK, maybe "not really relevant" was'nt the righ expression. The example
applications are "nice to have" addons. Being like that, they obviously
don't get the same amount of attention as the "real" code, because most
users run the code in their own product but don't use the example
applications.

Regards,
Simon