Re: [Linphone-users] (no subject)

From: ידידיה יחזקאלי
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 15:02:51 +0300

Hello!
Are Linphon layers compatible with the Yocto Rocko system? You write what you checked with Sumo, Thud end Jehtro.
Is there an image to install without compilation?
colibri iMX7D 1GB
Thank.

‫בתאריך יום ו׳, 4 באוק׳ 2019 ב-7:13 מאת ‪Stuart D. Gathman‬‏ <‪address@hidden‬‏>:‬
On Thu, 3 Oct 2019, ידידיה יחזקאלי wrote:

> Hello!
> 1. You wrote: "Unfortunately, linphone can't use IP4 and IPv6
> simultaneously.  You have to switch back and forth.  My solution is to use
> linphone for IPv6, and some other sip client for IP4 - since SIP clients
> that support IPv6 are rare animals".
> You can describe - how to use Linphone with IPv6? I can with Jitsi?

In Linphone, check the IPv6 box on Options/Preferences.  I don't know
anything about Jitsi.

> 2. To use peer-to-peer (without registering on the server) do I need to buy
> a license?

No.  The SIP protocol is open.  There is no server when going directly
peer-to-peer.  The only reasons to use a server for SIP are:

a) escape IP4 NAT jail  (lack of stable public IP)
b) conferencing, POTS gateway, and other value add services

--
              Stuart D. Gathman <address@hidden>
a Microsoft sponsored "Where do you want to go from here?" commercial._______________________________________________