Re: [Linphone-users] Why Android (Oreo) phones, are actually less reliab

From: Juha Heinanen
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Why Android (Oreo) phones, are actually less reliable with TCP vs. UDP
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2019 09:14:38 +0300

I charged my Android 7.1 phone in the evening and let Wifi on and
baresip running.  In the morning about 12 hours later without touching
the phone, I made call to its baresip account. Phone was ringing and I
was able to answer the call.

Then I checked what had happened to battery.  Baresip had used 3%, Phone
Idle 3%, Android system 2%, ..., and WiFi 1%.  Battery also reported
that at this rate there is 3 days left.

Based on this, push notifications don't make any sense whatsoever. They
just add complexity and delay and are a security and privacy risk.

-- Juha