[Linphone-users] what is "Enable service notification" exactly?

From: Brian J. Murrell
Subject: [Linphone-users] what is "Enable service notification" exactly?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 18:53:25 -0400

When I click on "Enable service notification" I get an icon in the
notification area.

Is there anything more to that option than just an icon in the
notification area?

I believe I have noticed that receiving calls while Linphone is not the
app running in the foreground and showing on the screen doesn't happen
without this service notification being enabled even when I am using
push notifications.

Is that belief correct?

I am on Oreo.

Additionally, is it intentional that this option is not sticky across
restarts of linphone-android?  I'm happy to file a ticket if not.

Cheers,
b.