Re: [Linphone-users] Re: cannot find -lavcodec

From: Bent
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Re: cannot find -lavcodec
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 17:11:10 +0200

Hi

2009/6/9 Simon Morlat <address@hidden>:

> The libavcodec.so is installed by libavcodec-dev (on debian and ubuntu), as
> for any .so file.
> You simply have a ffmpeg installation which is somewhat incomplete (you seem
> have headers but not the .so files). Perhaps you have two different ffmpegs ?

My setup is a openSUSE 11.1 now - it used to be gentoo.

Linavcodec is installed as libavcodec52-0.5.0.19123-1.1 and supplies the files:
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.52
/usr/lib/libavcodec.so.52.30.1
but not libavcodec.so itself. That was the link I added by hand and it
brought me through the compilation/installation.

As far as I can tell I have only one ffmpeg - in /usr/bin - but
sometimes the Suse ways can be a little obscure. E.g. why is the
package libavcodec52 and not just linavcodec? ;-)

Bent