[Linphone-users] sip:ekiga.net and nat

From: Felix Salfelder
Subject: [Linphone-users] sip:ekiga.net and nat
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:21:02 +0100

Hello linphone-users,

I have experienced problems using linphonec with the ekiga.net sip
service behind a nat, getting "Not Acceptable" errors upon registering.
Since other clients (pjsua, ekiga) manage this registration, I was about to
blame linphonec and libeXosip. Then, after dumping some udp packets, and
finding that the ekiga.net server behaves somehow strangely, I
eventually found, that this problem does _not_ emerge when using a
different service (here: iptel.org).

To me it seems that the combinations (ekiga.net, pjsua, nat),
(ekiga.net, linphonec, no nat), (iptel.org, linphonec, nat) work,
as well as linphonec calling the ekiga.net echo service from behind nat
(which involves an authentication) works. But (ekiga.net, linphonec,
nat) doesn't work ("Not Acceptable"). This does not much depend on the
versions I used, in particular I have tested the current CVS.

I would like to know, whether anybody can reproduce this. And if yes, it
would be nice to know who is at fault here. If nothing else, this issue
could seriously make people stick to the ekiga softphone...

regards
Felix