[Linphone-users] Linphone video resolution (again)

From: Michal Svoboda
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone video resolution (again)
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 10:49:27 +0100

Hello,

I have the same feature request as discussed in this thread:

(ie. increase the video resolution from default CIF)

I did a quick look at the mentioned file, videostream.c, but I can't
figure out what to change in order to get it working. The file uses
constants that end with CIF_H and CIF_W a couple of times, and I've done
a s/CIF/VGA/ on them, so I expected a 640x480 window to pop up. But for
some reason linphone presented me with a CIF-sized window. So the
question is what else and where should I change?

For completeness - I use linphone 3. I've got the logitech quickcam 9000
as well, and it does support this particular resolution in both mjpeg
and yuv modes. I use YUV, as per the hack mentioned at:
http://www.archivum.info/address@hidden/2008-06/msg00011.html
(suffered the same problems)

And, finally, if I get to have the higher resolution somehow, does
linphone degrade it if the line throughput is insufficient? Or do I need
to compile separate binaries like linphone-cif, linphone-vga?

Regards,
Michal Svoboda