[Linphone-users] Linphone Echo Cancellation

From: Samuel Ayet San Andres
Subject: [Linphone-users] Linphone Echo Cancellation
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:48:01 +0100

Hi all,

I'm using Linphone 2.0.1 to communicate between 2 soft phones, but one phone is
hands-free (speakers and mic) and the other has headphones. I need to cancel
the echo (Acoustic echo) from the hands-free Linphone phone. I set the
'echocancellation=1' in the .linphonerc (in the hands-free soft-phone) but I
the other phone I still having echo, in fact, I have the same echo if I set the
'echocancellation=0' so I think I'm missing any step because is like Linphone
doesn't remove any echo... Also I have changed the 'filter_length' from the
'speexec.c' in the 'mediastreamer2/src' folder, because maybe the echo arrive
to late to the filter length, but it still without work.

Could you pleas tell me how to cancel the echo (Acoustic Echo) on Linphone? I
have to change something in the mediastreamer also?

Thank you!!!