Re: [Linphone-users] Problems with SIP adresses

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Problems with SIP adresses
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 12:54:02 +0200

Hello,

In the first case, your call is routed through the proxy, in the second case
it is made directly to domain.com.
Unless domain.com is itself a proxy, direct calls are more sensitive to
firewall issues. Indeed, some proxies, such as ser, automatically deal with
firewall issues by doing RTP relay of audio and video streams.
A log obtained with --verbose would confirm or infirm the hypothesis.

Simon