Re: [Linphone-users] [Fwd: linphone-2.1.1 build completely broken on fre

From: alex
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] [Fwd: linphone-2.1.1 build completely broken on freebsd 7]
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 14:51:34 +1000

Mark A. Flacy wrote:
If it bothers you sooooo much that the author doesn't have the time or resources to support your favorite system, maybe you could step up and lend a hand. Or make a fork of the project; it is open source.
I'd only be too happy to, but my programming skills are limited and there are only so many things in the code that I can fix, hence why I was asking the author for help regarding the compiler errors. As for the author not having resources, its not really an excuse these days, programs like VMWare and Bochs exist for linux (there is a 30 day evaluation copy of a fully functional VMware available for linux, thats ample time to test and fix compiler errors), and FreeBSD can easily be installed that way, so one does not need a dedicated piece of hardware to test on other platforms.

Some help with the compilation errors is not an unreasonable request, but the author prefers to ignore my posts. Any additional problems other than compilation errors, I can probably get help from the bsd community in resolving. As the code doesn't compile cleanly, I feel the author should at least comment on this and perhaps suggest a way to fix it.

Sorry if I come across as rude, but I am just frustrated. I want to help, but the authors silence is deafening and not encouraging.

Cheers
Alex.