[Linphone-users] ::1 in contact/via on 1.5.1 & segmentation fault with l

From: Marc Archer
Subject: [Linphone-users] ::1 in contact/via on 1.5.1 & segmentation fault with linphone 2.0.1
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 15:28:50 -0500

Hi folks,

I installed linphone 1.5.1 on my ubuntu 7.04 server (installed using apt-get install linphone), however the contact and via headers in register and invite methods sent by linphone contained ::1 instead of my ipv6 address 2222::60. This causes problems for upstream proxies.

I couldn't see anything in the linphone configuration dialog to fix this to the correct ipv6 address, so hoped the latest and greatest may have fixed this.

However, I get a segmentation fault when I run linphone 2.0.1

address@hidden:/home/user/linphone-src/linphone-2.0.1/gtk# ./linphone
ortp-error-MSV4l: could not get configuration of video device
ortp-error-Couldn't initialize SDL: No available video device
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I installed from source tar on ubuntu 7.04

I don't have a video device, but I saw a post from Simon Morlat 12/08/07 stating that later versions of linphone shouldn't have this enabled by default.

Newer versions (>=1.7.1) don't try to enable video features in linphonec, unless you run it with the -V option.

Here's the output from gdb.

address@hidden:/home/user/linphone-src/linphone-2.0.1/gtk/.libs# gdb /home/user/linphone-src/linphone-2.0.1/gtk/.libs/linphone
GNU gdb 6.6-debian
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/user/linphone-src/linphone-2.0.1/gtk/.libs/linphone
[New Thread -1229527360 (LWP 16330)]
[New Thread -1245467760 (LWP 16335)]
ortp-error-MSV4l: could not get configuration of video device
[New Thread -1253860464 (LWP 16336)]
ortp-error-Couldn't initialize SDL: No available video device

[Switching to Thread -1253860464 (LWP 16336)]
rgb24_to_yuv420p (dst=0xb543923c, src="" width=352, height=142)
    at imgconvert_template.h:250
250                 RGB_IN(r, g, b, p);
(gdb)

Further the website mentions linphonerc is created after the first time the application is run, but I don't see that on my server. Is that statement true for linux?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Marc