Re: [Linphone-users] Getting started

From: Conrad Beckert
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Getting started
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 05:37:56 +0200

Hi

> Using sip:<phonenumber>@voipbuster.com I have been able to make calls to
> landlines. That was a one-timer, now I get: Could not reach destination.
are you shure you put sip:address@hidden  If yes then check the following

I. do you have a firewall - make shure to have at least the following ports
open:
1. udp 5060, (sip signalling)
2. udp 7078 (voice)
3. udp 9078 (video - if needed)
once again - these are udp ports - not tcp!
(my tip - as it is cause No.1 of trouble)

II do you have a NAT router? If yes - try to set a STUN server in
configuration (though the error scenario you face doesn't match an NAT issue)

III doublecheck phone number :-) Check if registration to the registrar at
voipbuster is really successful (it says it in the status line) - most
services refuse to connect unregistered users. Try another free service -
http://www.voip-info.org is your friend.

> Making pc-to-pc calls is impossible because when my contacts and I are
> online, I see them as Gone and they see me as Offline.
> My linphone says that my registration at VoipBuster was succesfull.
If you can't see if your contacts are online  (which would require
collaboration of your registrar)- make contact with yourself. Just open
another account and try to call between them - just to fence the error. :-)

Feel free to come back if this does't help. I got to know Linphone as a really
stable and robust application (which does have edges - but not in call
signalling you have trouble with)

Greetings
Conrad