Re: [Linphone-users] Thanks

From: Kushal Dalal
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Thanks
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:02:42 +0530

Hello Benny

Currently my embedded board does not have a sound card or a DSP..
So I am just done with SIP messaging..
I am working on sound support for my board..
or I may select a board with ARM processor(Embedded Linux)+DSP(dsp-bios)..
I will update my work to the group.

Regards
Kushal

Kushal Dalal
Embedded Engineer
eInfochips Limited.
Email: address@hidden

Benny wrote:

Dear Kushal,

Nice to hear the success news about linphone ported to an ARM board.
How u'r achieving audio. Whether it is thru' the codecs supported by
linphone and sound card or any other different configuration?

Has anyone used the Linphone as the user agent software on an
embedded(PPC) board and used a DSP for the voice codec operation and
directly connecting an analog telephone thru' a SLIC+PCM Codec instead
of the existing configuration of keyboard inputs and the also sound
card and the software voice codecs. We have cross compiled the
linphone for PPC and now in the identification of modifications needed
for our implementation.

Dear Simon,

We are targeting a ATA(Analog telephone adaptor) and planned to use
the open source Linphone for initiating and recieving VoIP calls by
registering to a VoIP Proxy server.

i) Whether Linphone is configurable for implementing for a direct
analog telephone connection(using DSP+PCM codec+SLIC)? (ie) input
thru' direct telephone keys and audio using a DSP+PCMCodec.

ii) Whether it has support for multiple channels (ie) simulaneous calls(ATA)?

Thanks & Regards,
Benny