Re: [Linphone-users] I give up

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] I give up
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 17:29:21 +0100

Hi,

I'm sorry for your bad experience. I know that the gui of linphone as well as
the documentation are really bad. Unfortunately I have no time to fix that
but I would be very happy that some else do the job.
I stay focus on the background : media streaming processing and protocols.

I would have try the following:
- enable the nat workaround of linphone by modifying the .linphonec config
file:

[net]
con_type=4
use_nat=1
nat_address=<your nat ip address here>

for the proxy settings,
- send registration: whether linphone should register to the proxy (yes is
recommended)
- SIP identity: the sip account for which you registered, like
sip:address@hidden
- route: a sip address where all traffic should go through. It can be the same
as sip proxy address, meaning that all calls we be handled by your proxy.
- publish presence information: tell the proxy whether you are only or not;
probably not supported by all providers.

Simon