[Linphone-users] I have only half a connection, I can hear, but not tran

From: Doug Smith
Subject: [Linphone-users] I have only half a connection, I can hear, but not transmit, no output to give for diagnostics.
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 21:14:42 -0500

To whom it may concern:

My name is Doug Smith.  I have just installed the Debian version of
Linphone, which comes with all the necessary packages to make it
work.  However, I can only receive, but not transmit.

I am using kernel version 2.4.24-xfs, OSS sound drivers, and the
latest version of linphone packaged by Debian.

I can give you my audio mixer settings and the settings in my
.linphonec file, if that will help, but I have no other output from
the program to give you for diagnostic purposes.

Please pardon someone just getting started with a program that offers
lots of potential for me and my work with people who are blind such as
myself and using computers to improve their lives.

By the way, I have a soundblaster live ls sound card on here which
appears to be full-duplex and appears to have several channels.  I
know little or nothing about hardware.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

--
Doug Smith: C.S.F.C.