[Linphone-users] Re: [Linphone-developers] Re: Mesuring speech quality w

From: Clement Chen
Subject: [Linphone-users] Re: [Linphone-developers] Re: Mesuring speech quality with linphone
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:46:31 -0800

Hi, Eduardo,
    I had some tests and here are my comments FYI:
 - From the view of testing, I suggest to add commands like "qos_mon start", "qos_stop stop", or so to let the qos logging more flexible to measure only part of a conversation instead of the whole conversation. The reason is that sometimes, a phone may reach AutoAttendent or IVR first, and then enter the main conversation...
 - If the other party enabled VAD (let's say in a linphone-to-hard_phone case), the measured score would get worse. I know that results from this model which considers majorly packet loss and packet delay. Is there any way to deal with such scenarios to exclude the VAD periods?

I will try to do a patch for #1.

Thanks,

Clement.

On 9/8/05, Eduardo Bezerra <address@hidden> wrote: