Re: [Linphone-users] Speex and 1015 in an ARM platform

From: Marcel Karras
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Speex and 1015 in an ARM platform
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:54:15 +0200

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:11:56 -0400
Eduardo Bezerra <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

>   I ported linphone 1.0.1 to an ARM platform. It is working. But I
> have some problems.
> I can use only PCMU, PCMA and GSM codecs. If I use Speex (16K/8K) or 1015
> codecs
> I can't hear anything neither in my ARM platform nor in the other SIP client.
> Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

I have exactly the same problem with my AU1100 MIPS board! (see the
thread "Alsa makes no noise")
You can try setting the channel variable in mediastreamer/alsasound.c
manually to 2. Then you'll probably hear something though it will be
very strange. Try to log the output of /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/*
while doing a call. I assume you'll get contineous XRUNs like I got.

If someone could arrange it to look at these facts I'd appreciate that
much.

Regards
- Marcel Karras

Contact: address@hidden   address@hidden
http://www.freebits.de      http://www.tu-chemnitz.de
Unix, Linux && OpenSource   Student of Chemnitz University of Technology