[Linphone-users] Choppy sound with alsadev=default (Re: linphone cannot

From: Anders Kaseorg
Subject: [Linphone-users] Choppy sound with alsadev=default (Re: linphone cannot use ALSA "default" device)
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:46:51 -0400

Mark Ferry wrote:
You may not be aware that there is a config option for this:

Thanks, I was not. But now I have a new problem: my incoming sound is badly "chopped up", sort of like half the packets were being dropped. Increasing the audio buffer doesn't help.

This doesn't happen in linphone without alsadev=default, or in kphone (which uses ALSA default; though kphone's *outgoing* sound does sound choped...).

Anders