[Linphone-users] ALSA support compiled but not used

From: Marcel Karras
Subject: [Linphone-users] ALSA support compiled but not used
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:02:10 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to use ALSA (no OSS-emulation or comparable) with linphonec
and sipomatic and compiled it with alsa support. Whenever I start either
there are complains about a missing /dev/dsp device. Okay, that should
not
matter but neither app tries to go further in order to use /dev/snd/*.
Is this a known problem?

Here are some specs of my current target:
ALSA: 1.0.8rc2 (AMD Au1000-AC97 ALSA Driver)
Kernel: 2.6.11-rc1
Target OS: MIPS 32
Linphone: 1.0.1 with alsa-support

Don't be afrain of the architecture - all works well except linphones
alsa. I can also use aplay to play sounds with alsa-support and it works.
In order to provide further information I appended a trace of linphonec
and sipomatic so that you can follow each step it makes. Perhaps you can
help me solving these problems.

Greetings from germany
- Marcel