[Linphone-users] Re: [Linphone-developers] Unable to Save SIP Proxy Info

From: Jay Ray
Subject: [Linphone-users] Re: [Linphone-developers] Unable to Save SIP Proxy Information
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 10:41:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

   I open it through an XTERM (export Display to my Wind 2K machine).
I do not see it dump any errors on the Terminal. Here is the /root/.gnome2/linphone file...after I have added the Proxy info. ( it does not have that Info in this file - IP of the SIP Proxy; Does it store that somewhere else?)

[net]
con_type=3
use_nat=0
[sip]
sip_port=5060
guess_hostname=1
contact=sip:address@hidden
use_info=0
use_ipv6=0
default_proxy=-1
[rtp]
audio_rtp_port=7078
video_rtp_port=9078
audio_jitt_comp=60
video_jitt_comp=60
[sound]
dev_id=2
rec_lev=80
play_lev=80
source=m
local_ring=/usr/local/share/sounds/linphone/rings/oldphone.wav
remote_ring=/usr/local/share/sounds/linphone/ringback.wav
[video]
enabled=0
show_local=1
[audio_codec_0]
mime=PCMU
rate=8000
enabled=1
[audio_codec_1]
mime=GSM
rate=8000
enabled=1
[audio_codec_2]
mime=PCMA
rate=8000
enabled=1
[audio_codec_3]
mime=speex
rate=8000
enabled=1
[audio_codec_4]
mime=speex
rate=16000
enabled=1
[audio_codec_5]
mime=1015
rate=8000
enabled=1

  I have pasted the Terminal Output while I am adding a SIP proxy below ( Do I have to enable More logging to have the Termial Output be more verbose?)

address@hidden root]# linphone
add proxy pressed

address@hidden wrote:

Jay> Hi ,
Jay> I am adding a SIP proxy, and Linphone (Gnome version) saves it. Once I exit Linphone, and restart it, i do not see the PRoxy info any more. Please help!!

Jay> Can you also tell me which file (txt file, in which Directory) does Linphone use to save/read the configurations?
Jay> And is there any logging, I can enable, How to do it, and where to look for logs?

Are you using the 1.0.1 linphone, a later one from CVS or a previous
version from elsewhere? The gnome linphone client in 1.0.1 stores its
config file in $HOME/.gnome2/linphone. If you start the client from an
xterm instead of from the gnome menu, it'll dump a good bit of
information to the terminal as the application runs, so you might try
doing that and see if any error pops up while the client's running.

Linphonecore's pretty heavily dependent on the config file format, so
if you're writing your own client it's easiest just to generate the
config file with the gnome client and use linphone's API to use it
from there.

--
Bruce Ide