[Linphone-users] Re: Linphone 1.0.1 & SIP/Proxy Configuration box

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: [Linphone-users] Re: Linphone 1.0.1 & SIP/Proxy Configuration box
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 15:57:18 +0200

Hello

Le Lundi 16 Mai 2005 12:00, Kostas Marneris a écrit :
> Hello ,
>
> I've installed the new version of Linphone 1.0.1 .
>
> I've noticed something which seems to me a "bug ?" or I miss something.
>
> When I <edit> on SIP tab a SIP server, it opens a
> Proxy/Registrar configuration box.. and the
> "Send registration box" is selected and the registration period is 120,
> and the Linphone keeps on sending register mesgs every second .!!!
By default it is set to 900. 120 is probably the lastest value you entered.
Linphone attempts to register every 120 seconds and always retransmit requests
according to the sip RFC until it receives an answer from the server.

> Although I change these values, and close/open the Linnphone again,
> it seems that these values are not permanenty saved and the linphone
> keeps on this strange behaviour when i repeat the same procedure...
All these values are saved when you shutdown linphone cleanly (not C-c for
example).