[Linphone-users] realm and sip proxy

From: Lasse Jansson
Subject: [Linphone-users] realm and sip proxy
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 23:09:31 +0200

Hi,

When configuring linphone I have found that the "sip proxy" and "realm"
parameters are coupled in a way they should not be: you have to name the sip
proxy with the same string as you enter for the realm parameter.

Example: Your sip realm is "sipdomain.com" (i.e. users are denoted
"sip:address@hidden"), then for linphone to be able to register correctly
with the registrar for that domain you have to tell linphone that the sip
proxy is called "sip:sipdomain.com".

I think this is not correct, since the host name of the sip proxy is really
arbitrary (does not even have to be in the same domain as the sip realm).

Lasse