[Linphone-users] linphone 1.0.1 & ALSA+DMIX/DSNOOP/ASYN

From: Jesse Guardiani
Subject: [Linphone-users] linphone 1.0.1 & ALSA+DMIX/DSNOOP/ASYN
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 11:07:25 -0500

Hello,

I've been trying in vain to find a Linux SIP phone
that actually works with ALSA and the DMIX/DSNOOP/ASYN
plugins. I used to use ARTS under KDE, but it started
crashing and I read it's slated for removal in KDE 4
anyway, so I'm going straight ALSA.

Anyway, I can't play sounds from linphone using the
ALSA sound system while another ALSA sound is playing,
but I can play sounds from linphone while other sounds
are playing if I start it with `aoss linphone` and
use OSS.

But either way I can't record sound from linphone.
Does anyone know why that is? Some sort of full-duplex
issue? I thought the asyn plugin was supposed to fix
that...

Any ideas? (and no, getting a better sound card with
more than one hardware channel isn't an option. It's
a laptop.)

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,