Re: [Linphone-users] some clarifications about test modules in mediastre

From: sting sting
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] some clarifications about test modules in mediastreamer
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 19:18:36 +0200

Thnx for shivaji for his amswer.

I am quite a newbie to linphoen and I am sure there are many basic
things which I do not know. I want to rephrase my question:

I want to use sound file for testing purpose. I want to
test GSM and speex codecs which linphone uses.

I did saw in shivaji message that he says

"You could test the application for input/output from files by
having the audio_stream_with_sndcard changed to
audio_stream_start_with_files (in linphonecore.c and/or
osipuacb.c), both functions defined in audiostream.c.

For the later part,
i had used mediastream module of mediastreamer, and you need to give
proper parameters while invoking this test modules, as usually the
coreapi applications (linphone(c) ) passes the complete set of
parameters.
for the test_gsm /test_speex are test modules which process the sound
device (/dev/dsp ) using the gsm or speex codec. Opens the /dev/dsp
in read and capture mode."

I do not understand:

1)  In  the first part:
suppose I will change these 2 methods - audio_stream_with_sndcard to
audio_stream_start_with_files : Noq what ? should running the
application (linphone) and perofrm a call reach the enocoding/decoding
part?
And : I saw in the Paramters dialog of linphone , in the codecs Tab :
that there are a list of codecs. Suppose I want to perform the test in a specific
codec (let's say GSM) . Should I disable the rest ?

2) for the second part:
test_speex does not reach
the method where there is a call
to audio_stream_with_sndcard
in linphonecore.c  (the method is  linphone_core_accept_dialog)
and in osipuacb.c.  (the method is :invite_accepted_cb)

I do not understand how to use test_speex / test_gsm with files.
Does anybody know ?
regards,
sting