Re: [Linphone-users]newbie: suitable soundcards

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users]newbie: suitable soundcards
Date: 29 Sep 2002 23:33:44 +0200

Hello,

I have personnaly a Sound Baster 64 V on PCI bus, and it works well so
SB 128 V is probably at least better.
In a general manner, I think any recent (last two years) PCI soundcard
is perfect.
For the noname card, ensure that is supported by alsa drivers. If you
cannot find the name, lookat the name of the chips on the card. For
example Ensoniq 1371 or 1370 (es1371) is the chip for SB 16 64/128
cards.
Simon